Every day, literally thousands of books are published online. While many of these books are not worth your time and money, there are also many good ones that offer interesting and useful ideas. Unfortunately, these good books can get buried among the garbage and never get the chance to become the successes they deserve to be.
Fortunately, you can keep the same fate from happening to your own book through different ways including building a strong reputation online as well as purchasing high quality links. To be a self-publishing success, here are other things you should do:
Create a website
With WordPress and similar platforms, it’s now easy to create your own website even if you know absolutely nothing about the techy side of it. Be sure to include an author’s bio, a page for each of your books, a blog where you regularly post quality content that is relevant to your niche, links to your social media profiles, and links to the Amazon page/s of your book/s.
Complete your author’s profile
The author’s page may seem pointless since most readers don’t give it much thought. However, it’s always a good idea to keep this page filled and updated because it is where you can introduce yourself to your audience, so make sure to:
- Add a photograph that shows the kind of image you want to present as the author of your book/s
- Provide adequate descriptions of your knowledge, personality, and the things you are passionate about
- Offer information about any relevant work experience as well as other writing projects you’ve done in the past
- Place important keywords that relate to your book
Make use of various social media channels
These days, any author worth his or her salt has a social media presence on most, if not all, the biggest social media platforms. Otherwise, your competitors will leave you behind. If you’re just starting out as an author, it’s enough to establish your online presence on Facebook, Google+, YouTube, and Twitter. The following information should be included in your account or channel:
- Facebook – an author’s profile under your name or your pen name, a description of your book, link/s to the Amazon page of your product/s, link/s to your blog or website (be sure to invite your friends to like your page and ask them to share it to their own friends)
- Google+ – an author’s profile under your name or your pen name, a description of your book, link/s to the Amazon page of your product/s, link/s to your blog or website (update your page regularly with relevant content because Google prioritizes Google+ over other social network sites in search results ranking)
- YouTube – an author’s profile under your name or your pen name, a video that talks about your work in general and your book/s in particular, a free excerpt of your book/s, short vlogs about your personal life so you will be more relatable to your viewers, link/s to the Amazon page of your product/s, link/s to your blog or website
As the title of this article suggests, the tips listed here are just the basics of what you can do to establish your online presence as an author. Once you have these things down, look for other ways to boost your online visibility.