If you’re not taking advantage of video marketing to promote and grow your business, you’re missing out. Perhaps you think it’s difficult or expensive, or that you need to hire a good-looking person to represent your company. These things can’t be farther from the truth. You’ll find that some of the biggest and most successful companies employ video marketing that you can create for your own business even with limited budget as well as knowledge in video production.
What makes video marketing incredibly effective?
- Videos can communicate your message to your consumers easily and in a short amount of time.
- Audiences are more likely to share videos than other types of media.
- More than half or 60% of senior executives prefer to watch a video instead of reading text.
- Consumers who are close to the end of the buying cycle or when they’re ready to make a purchase tend to watch videos.
- After watching a video, 65% of consumers click through to visit the website of the vendor, 50% search for additional information, and 45% contact the vendor. Of this overall group, 50% end up buying.
So, which topics should you focus on when developing your video marketing strategy? These are some of the most common and would generally work for any type of business:
- Product demos are a great way to help consumers make the most out of using your products. In the videos, you can show how the products work, how they’re assembled, et cetera.
- “How To” videos are very popular because they can be extremely helpful not just to your existing customers but to potential ones as well. As a result, viewers are more likely to share these type of videos, which further expands your audience reach. Some examples of “how to” videos you can create for your products are how to troubleshoot minor usage issues and how to take care of the products.
- Testimonials from happy customers will go a long way of convincing others to buy your products. This type of recommendation is one of the most effective ways of turning potential customers into actual ones.
The importance of getting personal
One of the things you need to keep in mind with video marketing is to think of your viewers as human beings and not just an audience full of dollar signs. Put yourself in the shoes of your customers so you can convey your message in a way that they will understand and respond to.
This is why it’s important to put a face to your video marketing and not just any face – yours. Viewers prefer a video with a real person that speaks directly to them instead of a full-blown ad with all the bells and whistles. Furthermore, you have something that no else has: the experience, knowledge, and passion for your business and the work you do.
How do you get started with your company’s video marketing?
- Create your own videos using your smartphone or a decent but inexpensive video recorder. Don’t worry too much about the quality of the video yet. What’s important is the content. You can always improve the video quality as you become more adept at video editing.
- Keep videos short. In general, aim to communicate your message in 30 seconds or under. 3- to 5-minute videos are fine for more in-depth presentations.
- Be sure to optimize your videos by using the appropriate keywords in the title and tags. You should also remember to put your website and some information about your company and products in the description box.
- Encourage audience to share your videos. Start the ball rolling by posting the video across several social media platforms and add share buttons to make it easy for viewers to tell others about your content.
Video marketing is not just an easy and inexpensive way to connect with both existing and potential customers, it’s an effective tool for increasing your sales and growing your business.